Switch Proxy/Proxies in Konqueror

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Jan 31 11:19:05 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 02:23, Patrick Nagel wrote:
> Hallo there,
>
> now I'm answering my own question - in case somebody else needs a solution.
>
> I wrote a little shell script that switches the proxy for KDE and tells all
> applications to reparse their proxy configuration. Nothing special and a
> bit of a hack, but it does the job.
> By binding this script to (keyboard) shortcuts, it's now very easy to
> change the proxy, or switch it on/off, and it's immediately available in
> all KDE programs.

Nice work!

Some ideas:
kwriteconfig can write into KDE configuration files without you having to know
about their location

See the descrption for
dcop --pipe
on how to make multiple calls with one dcop startup

Actually I guess, which means that would have to be tested, it might be
sufficient to call repareseSlaveConfiguration on just one scheduler, maybe
the one kded uses.

Cheers,
Kevin

--