Switch Proxy/Proxies in Konqueror

Patrick Nagel mail at patrick-nagel.net
Tue Jan 31 01:23:40 GMT 2006

Hallo there,

now I'm answering my own question - in case somebody else needs a solution.

I wrote a little shell script that switches the proxy for KDE and tells all
applications to reparse their proxy configuration. Nothing special and a bit
of a hack, but it does the job.
By binding this script to (keyboard) shortcuts, it's now very easy to change
the proxy, or switch it on/off, and it's immediately available in all KDE
programs.

Cheers,
Patrick.

P.S.: I included this suggestion http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde&m=112124048502083
- thanks to Kevin Krammer!

--
Key ID: 0x86E346D4
Fingerprint: 7745 E1BE FA8B FBAD 76AB 2BFC C981 E686 86E3 46D4