problem - blue grid of squares

Rikard Johnels rikard.j at rikjoh.com
Fri Jan 27 18:41:40 GMT 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 12:16, Jonathan Maia wrote:
> Hello friends, I'm having one problem with  my kde !!!
> Recently, i installed kde 3.5 in my debian using apt-get!
> Kdm is starting without problems, kde too, but every time that I open
> a GUI program in Kde (every time that a window is opened), togueder
> with aplication window, a kind of  "blue grid of litlle squares"
> appears too, so I cant use the program because sometimes these litlle
> squares stay over the widgets!! To solve this, I've tried to reinstall
> Qt library, but the problem did not stop.
>
> I'm sorry for my grammar erros in english, but is because I'm form
> Brazil and I'm still learning this language!!
>
> Thank you all !!!

What kind of Graphics card do you have?
Sounds to me as either a hardware problem (Faulty graphics)
or a driver problem.
Is this condition present in other types of windowmanagers?
(What if you start GNOME or TVM or any other manager?)

--
         /Rikard

email   : rikard.j at rikjoh.com
web     : http://www.rikjoh.com
mob     : +46 (0)736 19 76 25
< 15 28 DF 78 67 98 B2 16 1F D3 FD C5 59 D4 B6 78  46 1C EE 56 >