Beagle 0.2.0 does not follow KDE file associations

Guido Pinkernell guido.pinkernell at gmx.de
Thu Jan 26 21:10:38 GMT 2006

Hi all,

Beagle 0.2.0 with its new GUI is out, and I have been
successful in compiling the dog under opensuse 10.0 with
KDE 3.5.

Now I find that when clicking on a result of a beagle search
the object doesnt always open in a KDE application. E.g. a
directory opens in nautilus (Gnome), and a pdf opens in
Ghostview (X), although Konqueror or Kpdf - within KDE -
are associated to these file types.

This didn't happen with a selfcompiled Beagle 0.1.x on SuSE
9.3, KDE 3.4. So I am not sure whether this is a Beagle
issue or a KDE or Gnome issue or whatever. The Beagle pages
esp. install instructions haven't been updated to 0.2.0
(yet), and in Gnome Control Center (accessible from
KDE-Menue) doesn't offer a place where to change file
associations.

Before asking the beagle people at Gnome I'd like to know
whether this really isn't a general problem of configuring
Gnome apps under KDE.

Thanks!

Guido