Newbie question - Security Patch

yankeemcc yank1560-freebsd at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 12:11:32 GMT 2006

Hello,

  I'm new to the list and to KDE.  I saw the security advisory on the Konqueror heap overflow yesterday and folowed the instructions to get the patch.  Unfortunately I do not understand how to apply a ".diff" file.  And I couldn't find any guidence in the documentation.

 Could someone point me in the right direction on how to apply this kind of security patch?

"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are the constitutional rights secure." - Albert Einstein