Artsd 3.5 realtime scheduling warning

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 13 11:33:11 GMT 2006

David Harel wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>

> artscontrol->arts status window, tells me:
>
> "Artsd is not configured for real time scheduling or was manually
> started without artswrapper" and a countdown to a suspend is going.
>
> Is this OK?

Sure :-). Here's an explanation of artswrapper:
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdemultimedia/artsbuilder/artswrapper.html
Perhaps you installed KDE as a user, so couldn't set artswrapper suid root.

The countdown to suspend is the option in control center->sound & mm ->
sound system->"auto-suspend if idle after...," I suppose.

Regards,
Philip