problem with user password when unlocking from screensaver

Jean Baptiste Balleyguier jbballeyguier at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 07:53:33 GMT 2006

Hello,

this is a part of what gives the command "grep -i * in /var/log

"auth.log:Jan 12 22:43:26 localhost kdm: :0[24832]: (pam_unix) session
opened for
user earendil by (uid=0)
auth.log:Jan 12 22:43:52 localhost sudo: (pam_unix) authentication failure;
logn
ame= uid=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost=  user=earendil
auth.log:Jan 12 22:48:20 localhost sudo: (pam_unix) authentication failure;
logn
ame= uid=0 euid=0 tty=pts/1 ruser= rhost=  user=earendil
auth.log:Jan 12 22:48:29 localhost kdm: :0[24832]: (pam_unix) session closed
for
user earendil"

this is my /etc/pam.d/kcheckpass file :

"#
# /etc/pam.d/kcheckpass - specify the PAM behaviour of kcheckpass
#

# The standard Unix authentication modules, used with
# NIS (man nsswitch) as well as normal /etc/passwd and
# /etc/shadow entries.
@include common-auth
@include common-account
@include common-password
@include common-session
~
"
All these files refer to a "pam_unix.so" file

I've no "kde" file in /etc/pam.d but a "kdm" one and it contains this :

"#
# /etc/pam.d/kdm - specify the PAM behaviour of kdm
#

# The standard Unix authentication modules, used with
# NIS (man nsswitch) as well as normal /etc/passwd and
# /etc/shadow entries.
@include common-auth
@include common-account
@include common-password
@include common-session

auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       required     pam_env.so
session    required     pam_limits.so
~
~
"

Should I replace kcheckpass by this one ?

jb