destroy created ... ?

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 11 08:54:34 GMT 2006

Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT wrote:

> hi all,
> for each package install or upgrade, i am getting the error message below
> :
>
> DESTROY created new reference to dead object ' Qt::Frame', <> line 2
> during global destruction.
> Preconfiguring packages ...
> /usr/lib/libkdeui.so.4: undefined symbol:
> _ZN7KGlobal23unregisterStaticDeleterEP18KStaticDeleterBase
> /usr/lib/kde3/plugins/styles/baghira.so could not be unloaded
> /usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkdeui.so.4: undefined
> symbol: _ZN7KGlobal23unregisterStaticDeleterEP18KStaticDeleterBase
>
> what should i do or install or change not to get this error any more ?
> help please,
> regards,
> bye.

Could you provide some more details? What distribution are you using, and
what command do you use to try to install things?

Anyway, "undefined symbol" errors usually mean that your qt, kdelibs and/or
kdebase packages are not in sync. You need to make sure that you have
packages that have versions that match up. I don't know the recommended way
to do this for your distro, but you could try removing Qt and anything that
depends on it, then reinstalling Qt and KDE.

Regards,
Philip