Russian keyboard Control+ and Alternate+ key combination

Andriy Rysin arysin at myrealbox.com
Sun Feb 26 23:44:59 GMT 2006

Pryvit Alex :)

"include latin layout" will be enabled when all of these conditions met:
1) Your /etc/X11/xkb/symbols directory have have pc/ directory (this was
introduced in 4.3 and than means your layouts by default have only 1 group)
2) The layout you have chosen is not startig with "en" or "us"
3) You don't have your layout listed in !nonlatin  or !old_layouts lists

If one of those are false the checkbox will be disabled. There also a
problem with one of the latest SuSEs - they removed pc/ directory thus
they are quite different from everybody else and checkbox will be
disabled. This was fixed in 3.5.1 but kxkb in 3.5.1 is (heavily) broken
due to other problems so I'd recommend too wait until 3.5.2.
You may try to paly with it like going to /etc/X11/xkb and making ln -s
. pc/ if that's your case but that's up to you.

Good luck,
Andriy