Russian keyboard Control+ and Alternate+ key combination problem

surlyc at alaska.net surlyc at alaska.net
Sun Feb 26 22:45:30 GMT 2006

Hola Basil:

Thank you for your prompt response.  Your
reply along with Andriy's helped direct me in
solving my problem.

The solution was to edit the file xfree86
in /etc/X11/xkb/rules/.  There are three lines
near the top of this file that are commented
and start with !nonlatin followed by abbreviations
for various nonlatin-alphabet languages.
The file contains instructions to uncomment the
!nonlatin lines when using nonlatin keyboards.

This is a little obscure and certainly could be
better implemented.  But, now I can avoid having
to reboot to Windows when I need to do alot of
work in Russian.

Best regards,

Alex