Kmail

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 15:02:12 GMT 2006

Hi
I have managed to track down 2 of the sources of my mysterious network
traffic. One was a cups broadcast to the whole world be the other seems to be
entirely down to kmail.
Ethereal shows two arp packets that presumably come from my router. Maybe some
one could enlighten me - I'm not sure. These are followed with dns requests
for pop addresses at my isp which would be fair enough if kmail was running
but are some what peculiar as it has been shut down. These packets including
the responses from the dns service are followed by 2 more arp  packets.

Is this is  a kmail shut down bug or what? It's one I'm not too happy about so
what can be done about it?
--
Suse 10.0
KDE 3.4.2 B