Kaffeine and the web

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Feb 5 21:48:06 GMT 2006

Looks like that may be a problem too. Last time I cured that it involved re
installing xine and kaffeine. Xine will then use the codecs in usr/lib/win32
as it is supposed to do. I've put all the codecs there but no joy with the
suse installation. Xine keeps extra codecs in usr/lib/win32. Maybe suse
should check if a user has a valid windoze set up on their machine.

The problem may also relate to the fact that the link opens in another window
but I had the same problem on my previous version of kde. That seemed to be
due to the player not been able to find the downloaded file. I couldn't
either, seemed to be lost in space.

Regards
John

Sunday 05 February 2006 19:36, ianseeks wrote:
>  On Sunday 05 February 2006 15:13, John wrote:
> > Hi
> > My son has developed an interest in blender and there is a divx (?)
> > tutorial on the net. Hit the link in konq and kaff fires up buffering the
> > stream. It doesn't start playing it though.
> >
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/bvidtute/contrib/interface.avi
> >
> > It downloads the lot and if I hit play it just downloads it again with
> > the same result.
> > Have also tried saving the stream. Load that and it just starts
> > downloading again.
> >
> > Regards
> > John
>
> Does your version of Kaffiene have the ability to play AVI format?  Mine
> doesn't but i've downloaded and installed MPlayer with all foramts and it
> will play AVI files for me.
>
> If you download the file then use Kaffiene's Open option on the menu, the
> filter at the bottom should say "All Supported Formats" - if the file does
> not show up in the list of files then AVI is not supported by Kaffiene.
>
> Sorry but I don't know how to add it.
>
> regards
>
> Ian

Suse 10.0