Unable to access Internet with Konqueror

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Dec 15 23:21:58 GMT 2006

On Friday 15 December 2006 23:58, Nigel Henry wrote:

> What I don't understand is. Why will Konqueror access the Internet with a
> different user using it. Why will using the superuserfilemanager in
> Webbrowsing mode access the Internet within the original users userspace,
> but Konqueror is unable to connect to the gateway when accessed by the
> original user.

A different user (running as super user is also a different user) has
different user settings.

Unfortunately I don't know what change causes your original user to be
different.
Do you have an external browser set in control center under KDE
components->component chooser?

Maybe a protocol override file in .kde/share/services?

> Personally I'm at a bit of a loss.

So am I.
If moving the whole .kde doens't work either, there is something wrong outside
the scope of KDE.
You could consider removing the user, then its home directory and the creating
it again.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring