Ripping audio cd's to mp3 etc

Rick Miles frmrick at aapt.net.au
Wed Dec 6 07:33:36 GMT 2006

Just for a comparison

I use kaudiocreator with my device as /dev/cdrom which points to /dev/hdb
via /dev/cdrom0

rick at rick:~$ ls -l /dev/cdrom
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 2006-12-06 18:16 /dev/cdrom -> cdrom0
rick at rick:~$ ls -l /dev/cdrom0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 2006-12-06 18:16 /dev/cdrom0 -> hdb

That was default setup with slack-11 and kde-3.5.5 I could just as easily set
my device to point to /dev/hdb and there'd be no difference

You want to access that drive as a device not as part of the filesystem so
check out your /etc/fstab and see what your device your distro setup up in
fstab as the device mounted as cdrom in your filesystem and try using that in
your kaudiocreator configuration. Usually distros will setup up the drive
read from when installing from a cd as the drive listed in the fstab.

John is a darn nice person I don't care what anybody says!

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Movement stopped is no movement,
and rest set in motion is no rest.

Written on Setting Orange, the 48th of The Aftermath, 3172
http://www.turtlespond.net/