DCOP problem when running a kde app remotely (with DISPLAY redirect)

Com Pegasus-CC-Hotline pegasus-cc-hotline.com at siemens.com
Wed Aug 23 16:56:40 BST 2006

Hello,

I have to run a kde application (kmix) remotely on a non-X, non kde
system.
I don't want to install big packets there, as I want to run this kmix
one-time only,
and the system shall actually stay damm small.

What I did is:
I copied kmix and all needed shared libs (ldd) to the remote system,
added the shared libs directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, set DISPLAY
to my local host and started the kmix.

Result: kmix didn't start due to missing DCOPserver. Then I found
the -dcopserver switch available for all kde applications, but the
proposed syntax (first line from ~/.DCOPserver*) doesn't address
the need to use a remote one.

However, I have read, that a different dcop server is needed for each
display,
so it should be possible to use a remote dcop server in order to use a
remote
display. But how to do it, or in other words:

What is the syntax for the -dcopserver argument to contact a remote dcop
server,
and are there any other things I should take into account?

Many thanks for any helpful answers beforehand,
Thomas