Kmail. Way to move all mail from one folder to another.

Tim Wunder tim at thewunders.org
Sat Aug 19 21:09:23 BST 2006

On Saturday 19 August 2006 3:52 pm, Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Saturday 19 August 2006 21:34, Bob Stia wrote:
> > On Saturday 19 August 2006 14:46, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > > I want to move mail from one folder to another, without moving one at a
> > > time. Is there a way to add options to the right click on the folders
> > > drop down menu? I can obviously move all the messages in a directory to
> > > the wastebin, but I would like to move them to a different directory.
> >
> > Sure, easy
> >
> > Just select all of the mails that you want to move.  Right click and hold
> > it on any one of them.  From the menu that comes up, select "move", pick
> > your folder move the cursor onto the folder and release trhe click. Voila
> > !!  All moved.
> >
> > Bob S.
>
> Hi Bob. I'm not trying to be absolutely stupid, but where am I supposed to
> be selecting the mails from, that I want to move? From the list of headers,
> for instance in the inbox? I only am able to select one at a time like
> that.

select one, shift-select (hold the shift key while selecting) another, all the
mails in between will get selected.
alternatively, use ctrl-click to add individual mails to those selected.

HTH,
Tim

--
Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux), Linux 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5
 16:05:04 up 2 days, 17:10,  2 users,  load average: 10.39, 5.61, 2.86