IM Client

Marek Wawrzyczny marekw1977 at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 15 00:32:15 BST 2006

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 07:31, Rick Montgomery wrote:
> I am looking at switching out several laptops and desktops to SuSE SLED 10,
> we do not use "MSN" messenger, only YH messenger / video conference. what
> about in Linux? As YH is the choice of all our personnel.
>

> Suggestions appreciated

KDE's Kopete has had Yahoo IM support for quite some time. However, I have not
used it in that fashion, nor do I have a camera to test its relatively recent
video conferencing facility. AFAIK, video conferencing works with MSN, not
sure about its support on other networks.

Kopete works with MSN, Yahoo, AIM, Gadu-Gadu, GroupWise, ICQ, IRC, Jabber,
SMS, WinPopup protocol. Of course full feature support on some networks may
not be possible depending on how open the protocol is and if it is closed,
how well the reverse engineering effort is going. I would suggest just giving
it a go.

Marek Wawrzyczny