cannot connect to X server from a sudo-ed program

Michel D'HOOGE list.dhooge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 07:30:42 BST 2006

On Friday 04 August 2006 04:27, Darth Android wrote:
> try "xauth merge ~youruser/.Xauthority" as root before sudoing. not sure
> how secure it is, but it allows root to access the X server when your user
> is currently using it.

Thanks. I tried it but without success. Note that trials are a bit painful
because I need to install/upgrade something to reach the point where the
error message is displayed. What is strange is that if I directly sudo-call
the dpkg-reconfigure program, it can access the display. I believe it has
something to do with the way aptitude goes root -> I'll ask the aptitude
guys.

--
Michel