Korrupted Kmail -- A Thank YOU and a follow up

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 6 10:14:57 BST 2006

r bartlett wrote:

> Whew...after a long, hard battle (thanks to the suggestions about removing
> the index files!!) I have those folders back...and the mail isn't
> disappearing when I click on it.
>
> Now (hopefully an easier follow up question...!!) how can I restore my
> spam filters, identities, and so on.  I am (fingers crossed) thinking
> perhaps if I cut and paste in some additional files I can get those items
> to reappear too...?

I think they're all stored in ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc, so if you copy
that file from the old system to the new one, you should get your old
config back. Are you changing KDE/KMail  version in this migration? If so,
you might need to run the configuration updating script thing - I don't
remember what it's called offhand, but I can look it up if copying the file
doesn't work straight off

Regards,
Philip