Can't duplicate files any more?

Steven P. Ulrick lists-kde at afolkey2.net
Tue Apr 4 03:23:58 BST 2006

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:04:00 -0700
James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote:

> Dillonco wrote:
> > I've just updated to KDE 3.5.2, and Konqueror is no longer letting
> > me duplicate files (ctrl+drag to same folder, crtl+c - ctrl+v, etc).
> > While I used to get the something like the overwrite file dialog (I
> > don't think it had all the details), I now only get "the source and
> > destination are the same file". Now the only way to duplicate files
> > is to copy to another folder then move back.
>
> > I'm not sure why this was changed.  Hopefully it wasn't and this is
> > just some setting I got wrong.  If not I suppose I can always
> > downgrade or write a patch...
> >
> > Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> I'm not sure about this since I saw it once or twice and then I
> undated my SVN of the 3.5 BRANCH and it went away.  It is possible
> that 3.5.2 was released with this serious regression.
>
> Someone else with 3.5.2 please try this and see if you have the same
> problem.

Hello, Everyone
Here are screenshots showing the results of copying a file to the same
location:
http://www.afolkey2.net/FileAlreadyExists.jpg

and copying a folder to the same location:
http://www.afolkey2.net/FolderAlreadyExists.jpg

As you can see, duplicating Files and Folders works great on our
system.  (Fedora Core 5 & KDE from SVN (Branch 3.5))

> If this is a bug, it appears that it has already been fixed.

Seems so here.

Steven P. Ulrick