KDE windows are crashing

thesun thesun at alum.bu.edu
Sat Apr 1 18:42:38 BST 2006

I believe this started happening after I upgraded to kde v3.5.1 so as to use
Kopete, which was not accepting MSN connections in the version that shipped
with FC4.  Kopete now works fine, but ever since I have been getting crashes
just after closing KDE windows or when other KDE-related applications close.
For example, if I close Firefox, nothing happens.  When I close Konqueror or
Kopete or Kontact (or when I switch desktops and Kwebdesktop closes, etc...)
I get a SIGABRT 6 error.

Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this?  I don't even know where to start.
Should I post some error messages?

Many thanks in advance.

I'm running a heavily upgraded FC4 system on a Dell 2400. Kernel
2.6.16-1.2069_FC4