mime type error

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 28 14:38:42 BST 2005

> I just looked up mime type in suse help and found it has to do with file
> associations.  I attempted to set up a type of .exe for wine, so I messed
> with this.  can I restart the database in case I trashed it?  If this is
> the problem ...

Try renaming the folder ~/.kde/share/mimelnk. Restart KDE and see if the
problem persists. Note that any custom file associations you have set will
not be available. However, if this step solves your problem, you can try to
find the file which is causing the problem and remove just that file.

Regards,
Philip