Kmail

Sylvain Rouillard RouillardSy at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 28 08:10:10 BST 2005

Hi list,

OK, I'm gonna kinda hijack this thread then, to rephrase the initial question
so that it suits my needs. Is there a way to import Kmail mails into Kmail?

I have a machine with a Kmail installed, I backed up an older Kmail directory
from another machine (now formated), and now I'd like to merge both. I tried
many Kmail import tools, but the best they can do seems to be an import of
every single mail into as many directories as there are mails, which is a
pain to sort out (if only one could delete several folders at once, I could
cope and use filters, but noooo, one has to delete the created folders one by
one, which would take some time with 1,000ish mails). Of course I also tried
the good old cp, but the old mails moved in the proper folders do not
magically appear in Kmail.

I considered installing another mail client that would import Kmail mails,
then convert and import back in Kmail. But it seems from what I read that
they would also import each mail idependently and will in no way restore my
folder structure.

Actually I don't care much about the folder structure as long as it does not
import each mail in one folder and don't make as many folders as there are
mails.

Any help, suggestion or hint would be more than welcome. Thanks in advance!