Where and what do I need to configure so that apps like konqueror and kmail use 002 umask settings?

Rishi rishi.forums at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:55:00 BST 2005

> I do this using pam_umask so it doesn't matter how I am logged in.

I'm using debian and found a link to install 'libpam-umask'

However, it went over my head. I read the README too:
This is pam_umask, a module for adjusting the umask of processes.

It is written by Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen at err.no>, and you may use this
under the conditions of the GPL version 2, as noted in
<http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html>.  I'd appreciate any bug
reports, patches, suggestions etc.

It is based on pam_tmpdir which in turn is based on pam_env which in
turn is based on pam_mail.

To use this module, be sure to add a line like

session    optional     pam_umask.so umask=002

to the services where you want to set the umask to 002

Note that using "optional" instead of "required" will allow users to
login even if pam_umask fails to parse the umask line.  Using
"required" will deny login if an error occurs while setting the umask,

I have not understood where (which configuration file) to add the line
mentioned above.

I looked at /etc/services and it looks like a totally different type of file.

Can you help me out?

Thanks

Rishi