Xinerama support under KDE 3.4.1 on Gentoo

Boky Gmail verynotbad at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 15:56:36 BST 2005

Hi all.

I have been struggling with this problem for quite a while and cant
seem to find a solution:

I have two monitors: Matrox G200 @ 1024x768 and ATI Mach64 @ 800x600.

I installed Gentoo linux and compiled X.org & KDE 3.4.1 with Xinerama
support.  Now, while xorg.conf includes "Option xinerama" and it works
quite nicely KDE seems to be xinerama-ignorant:
- windows get resized across both screens when i press maximize
- dialogs get split in the middle of both windows
- pop-up menus "falling off" of the smaller screen
- no sign of any "multi-monitor" or "xinerama" support in KDE Control center

Now, I've googled around, checked IRC but noone has any smart ideas.
Can anyone point me at what can I do/check for next?

This is my xorg.conf:

<snip>
Section "ServerFlags"
    Option    "Xinerama" "on"