drkonqi disables shutdown.

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 03:07:39 BST 2005

On Friday 23 September 2005 11:49 am, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> David Harel wrote:
> >> I imagine this behaviour of DrKonqi is deliberate - the dialog remains
> >> so that you see that something has crashed, and have a chance to get a
> >> backtrace, etc.
> >
> > Well, Since the launch of drkonqi is AFTER kde exits (well at least
> > that's how it looks) but X11 is still on, I can not see the dialog
> > screen. What I did was: shift to text mode and then send kill signal to
> > drkonqi. Otherwise the machine is hanged. Eventually I removed drkonqi
> > and set a link to /bin/false instead.
>
> OK, if you can't see the drkonqi window, then you have a bug - I assumed
> you meant that the drkonqi window was visible so you could close it (the
> behaviour that I have seen here on occasion). You can report the bug at
> bugs.kde.org.

On occassion?  I have gotten to the point that if I DON'T see the crash window
on shutdown I think something is wrong!!!!

> >> That's close enough to trolling that I won't reply to it.
> >
> > Sorry if you felt upset about this message. Thought we all should be
> > more careful not to wind up like the bad guys.

I hate to agree, but even though I can see the window, I have to say that on
shut down there could be a good chance that this crash is WHY we're shutting
down.  I would think that something along the lines of an option to turn this
behavior on and off would be more than helpful.

--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

	"The act of faith is the obedience of the understanding
	 to God revealing, and the product of that is the obedience
	 of the will to God commanding."
		Matthew Henry, on Romans 1:5