drkonqi disables shutdown.

Bogus Zaba bogzab at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 14:53:54 BST 2005

David Harel wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Many times when I shut down from KDE (start/logout/shutdown), one of the
>applications crashes. This as itself is not the issue, however, on
>crash, drkonqi (that displays failure details) does not exit therefore
>the shutdown operation hangs.
>This is a typical Microsoft behavior.

I recently cured my system of this - bu I guess there could be many
causes. In my case the error message (in the persistent window which is
annoying you) said something about KICKER being the source of the error.
Not being particularly sophisticated in config files and not wishing to
spend hours changing everything one at a time, I renamed
$HOME/.kde/share/config/kickerrc to something else and shutdown now
works OK. KDE built a new kickerrc of course and I had to make by kicker
look like I wanted it again.

Bogus