Konsole: new window
Steven P. Ulrick
lists at afolkey2.net
Thu Sep 15 13:56:30 BST 2005
On Wednesday 14 September 2005 07:04, Jose Celestino wrote:
> I use separate konsole because I don't like tabs. Being faster and more
> eficient I would like to do "New Session"->"New Window" instead of opening
> a distinct konsole each time.
> The question is: can I do it with dcop? I failed to find a way. Using the
> mouse is not an option and there is no shortcut for this.
Hello Jose :)
I have to be heading out soon, so I can't go into detail, but try this:
1. Open up "kcontrol"
2. Navigate as follows: "Regional & Accessibility | Keyboard Shortcuts |
Command Shortcuts | System Tools | Konsole"
3. Once there, check the option "Custom" next to the phrase "Shortcut for
4. Click on the rectangle that is right next to the "Custom" option that you
5. Press the meta key of your choice, and then whatever other key you want to
use. For this experiment, I tried "alt P" (no reason for that, just in a
6. Click "Apply" in the lower left hand corner of "kcontrol"
7. Press the shortcut that you just created. When I just did that, I got a
completely new instance of Konsole, not another tab IN my original instance
I THINK this is what you have wanted all along. If not, I do apologize.
If you have any issues with these instructions, feel free to ask me for
Off to the dentist......
Steven P. Ulrick
P.S.: I just read the following from your original post:
"I use separate konsole because I don't like tabs. Being faster and more
eficient I would like to do "New Session"->"New Window" instead of opening a
distinct konsole each time."
My way DOES open up a new Konsole, but it does not open it up in a tab inside
of the original instance of Konsole. I assume that this is what you mean,
but I wasn't sure because of the part that said: "I would like to do "New
Session"->"New Window" instead of opening a distinct konsole each time."
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
More information about the kde