shttp and qt

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Sep 13 10:09:56 BST 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 08:49, Marek W wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am writing a usage meter for KDE for use with my ISP (here in Australia).
> The account data is obtained through a simple URL GET.
>
> I've got that working, but now I want to get this working over https. I've
> gone through the qt archives, and lots of people suggest writing shttp
> class based on QHttp source.
>
> I'm new to C++ having done C at uni and working with Java for a few years
> now. I am hoping someone can point me to an Open Source version of such a
> beast. This is my first foray into Qt, KDE and OS programming. I'd hate to
> reinvent the wheel when I'm sure someone has done this before.

If you are writing a KDE application, you can use KDE's IO architecture called
KIO.
It can handle https like it handled http, you only have to change the protocol
in the URLs you use.

For get():
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.5-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kio/kio/html/namespaceKIO.html#a222

If you have further questions regarding KDE development I suggest you
subscribe to the kde-devel mailinglist

Cheers,
Kevin

--