trash can purging

Santiago Serebrinsky serebrin at caltech.edu
Sun Sep 11 21:50:52 BST 2005

Hi,

I am using Konqueror (I love it!!) within Gnome. I want to know what is
the right way of purging the trash can, since I don't have any icon in
my desktop as it happens (I guess, I never tried it) when I use KDE.

I found that trash files are located in ~/.local/share/Trash (I have two
folders, "files" and "info"), but I don't know if simply deleting the
files within each of the two folders is the appropriate way of purging.
I guess it may be the case that if the trash is shared with Nautilus
and/or other applications (as I know the idea of increasing
compatibility has been around), a simple deletion may screw some things.

Thanks

Possibly relevant info:

$ konqueror --version
Qt: 3.3.4