scripting Virtual Desktops name with dcop?

Martin Foster mfoster at rhythm.com
Thu Sep 8 03:49:48 BST 2005

I'm trying to write to a script to name virtual desktops at logon and
populate each named virtual desktop with named command shells. This is a
daily chore at my job and I'd like to take the manual tedium of naming /
renaming virtual desktops.

Seems like "dcop" has methods to name "Konsoles" and shells within
Konsoles, but I don't seen  any methods for naming virtual desktops.
Anybody have any idea how this can be done? So far I can only see a
method to switch to a different desktop but not name it. Has this
ability not been exposed?