Can't search the KDE Help Centre

Bogus Zaba bogzab at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 20:31:50 BST 2005

Not sure if this is a KDE or a SUSE problem, but when I start the Help
Centre from KDE3.4.1 with Suse 9.2, I can browse through the help files,
using the "contents" tab in the left hand pane. When I want to search
through the help files, however, by changing to the "Seach" tab, the
[Search] button is greyed out. I have the option of pressing a [Build
Search Index] button at the bottom of the left hand pane, but this
brings up a dialog which should contain a list of documents and a
"status" (to say if an index exists or not I think). But the list is
empty and the [Build Index] button is greyed out. How do I populate this
list and build a search index for my help files? I'm sure this worked
before but cannot say exactly when the index got lost. Possibly when I
installed KDE3.4...

I can change the Index Folder in this dialog and have tried various
existing folders that I thought might be logical messing this this does
not activate the [Build Index] button.

Thanks

Bogus