DVD drives and writers

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 15:59:03 BST 2005

Hello all
I have an ide dvd writer and a scsi dvd reader on my system. All's ok using
k3b and suse 9.0 yast (kde 3.1.4) does detect them. I can't get sensible
desktop icons for them though.
I have managed to create 2 with yast but they both go to the same drive which
cam lead to multiple mounts of the same device. I can't seem to delete the
one icon that remains either. If I look at media in the directory tree I can
see a range of  things from cdrom to floppy. Thought I had found a scsi
directory but there was nothing in it and can't find it again in anycase. May
be down to stress!

Just how are these icons created and how do I identify the drives etc?

Regards
John