KDE/QT programs use strange quotation marks

Peter Shaw fuqnbastard at yahoo.ca
Mon Nov 14 10:12:43 GMT 2005

My problem is the following: my quotation marks in QT and KDE software are
off. Instead of '' and "", I get ´´ and ¨¨. I´m using UTF-8 encoding for
everything and the keyboard layout US International (it´s the same problem
with other layouts though). I don´t quite remember what I did when the
problem first occured, but it probably had something with getting UTF-8
working for Japanese.

Hope you can help me with this annoying problem.