Removing "Applications" description from KMenu applet

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue May 31 21:48:16 BST 2005

Greetings Justin:

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> On Tue, 31 May 2005 14:33:26 -0400
> Justin Denick <justin.denick at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Is it an applet? It looks like the gnome applet, but of course you're
>>using KDE.
>

> Hello, Justin
> Yes, it is a KDE applet.  I guess the new icon that is used in that
> spot just looks like Gnome :)

Actually, the KMenu is a "Special Button".

IIUC, the word "Applications" just appeared there?

What next?  Will it say "Start"? :-)

You could put a Button Background behind: "K Menu" and see if it is
behind the word as well.  That is on the Appearance tab in the Configure
Panel dialog.

I would suggest that you contact the maintainer:

	Aaron Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>

and ask him about it.

--
JRT