kicker application buttons( may be a bug)

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue May 31 14:56:19 BST 2005

Georgi Ivanov wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Imagine the situation :
> 1.Add application button to kicker(Firefox for example).
> 2.Via Menu Edtor change the exec line to "aoss firefox".
> 3.Start firefox from kicker.
>
> In my case the exec line is NOT updated , so it start just "firefox" not
> "aoss firefox".
> If i remove the app button from kicker, and add it again it is fine.
>
> Should i submit a bug report ot it's just me ?

You might want to offer your comments on how (you think that) Kicker
should work, but this isn't a bug.

Changing the properties of a menu item with the Menu Editor will not
change the properties of an icon on a Kicker Panel.  There are two ways
of placing an icon for an application on a Kicker Panel, these are
inconsistent with each other, but in both cases, once you place the item
on the Kicker Panel, you should not consider it to be linked with the
menu item.  To change the properties of an icon on a Kicker Panel, you
need to right click it and select: "Properties".

--
JRT