Windows behaviour: walk-through-windows dialog and Focus under mouse

Uwe Brauer uwe_brauer at mat.ucm.es
Mon May 16 18:50:23 BST 2005

    Andrew> It already does work  correctly. I think you are confusing
    Andrew> focus  and   brought to  front  functionality;   they  are
    Andrew> different things.  A window can be focused but still be in
    Andrew> the  background or between 2 or  3 other windows.  Alt-tab
    Andrew> will  bring the selected window  to the front; it will not
    Andrew> focus it if  you have focus under mouse  turned on and the
    Andrew> mouse is over some other window.
thanks for your answer, I  cite from the help menu:

"Note   that Focus under mouse  and  Focus strictly under mouse prevent
certain features, such  as  the  Alt+Tab  walk-through-windows dialog,
from working properly."

So may be this entry simply is outdated.

My point is, if I chose either  Focus  under mouse or Focus strictly
that indeed ALT+TAB walks trough-windows however the auxiliary  window,
which shows all the windows, does not pop up, as it does with click on
focus.

It seems that  you tell me, this is unavoidable, do I understand that
correctly??????

Regards

Uwe