Windows behaviour: walk-through-windows dialog and Focus under mouse

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Sat May 14 18:10:37 BST 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005 11:50 am, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> Hello
>

> Are there  any plans that  Focus under mouse  and Focus strictly under
> mouse will work properly with the Alt+Tab walk-through-windows dialog
> in future releases?

It already does work correctly. I think you are confusing focus and brought to
front functionality; they are different things.
A window can be focused but still be in the background or between 2 or 3 other
windows.
Alt-tab will bring the selected window to the front; it will not focus it if
you have focus under mouse turned on and the mouse is over some other window.

You should experiment with the settings in control-centre to get the action
you want but bear in mind that some actions by definition MUST be mutually
exclusive. Mouse/focus/action and alt-tab cover some mutual functionality so
one action or the other must have precedence. It does not mean there is a
fault but it is merely the way of the universe.

regards,
andrew