Open URLs in Thunderbird

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri May 13 02:37:52 BST 2005

Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Monday 09 May 2005 22:08, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know exactly how to get Thunderbird to open URL links in
>>Konqueror rather than FireFox?
>

> Well, googling brought this answer:
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/linuxurls.html
>
> Not sure if this is still they way to do it, looks a bit overcomplicated (need
> for extra script)

Thanks, this is the correct command for the "user.js" file:

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/path/to/konqueror");

I find that I need a script for Konqueror for a different reason.  It
appears that Thunderbird can't use a command line with blanks in it even
if you use "s.  So, I added this to: "user.js":

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp", "/usr/local/bin/konqueror-URL");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/local/bin/konqueror-URL");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "/usr/local/bin/konqueror-URL");

Then made a script: /usr/local/bin/konqueror-URL to do what I want.  This works
but I get a new window for each URL I open so now I wonder if there is some way
to get Konqueror to add a tab rather than opening a new window.

--
JRT