What am I missing: cdbakeoven & kreatecd from extragear won't compile

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Mon May 9 21:40:19 BST 2005

Hello, Everyone
I do apologize if this is better suited for the devel list, but I was
told the other day that something that I thought should go to devel
should actually be dealt with here.  So hear goes....
While attempting to compile extragear/multimedia from SVN HEAD, I get
the following messages in the output from "configure":
checking if cdbakeoven should be compiled... no
checking if kreatecd should be compiled... no

Here is a link to the entire output of configure that I got the two
above quoted lines from:
http://www.afolkey2.net/ExtragearMultimedia-ConfigureLog.txt

I am running Fedora Core 3, fully updated.  After my last failed
attempt at compiling and installing cdbakeoven and kreatecd, I scoured
"configure" and looked for packages that it said I did not have.  I got
all of those as well, so the output of "configure" does not complain
about them missing, but still no cdbakeoven & kreatecd.  I was not able
to see anything specifinc saying why those two programs wouldn't
compile.

In closing, I am assuming that one of those two programs gives the
"Create ISO" option to the Konqueror service menu.  If that is actually
from somewhere else, please let me know.  I use that alot :)

Steven P. Ulrick