How to enable the old kicker icon-zoom effect in KDE 3.4?

Tim München kdelist at privatepanic.de
Thu Mar 24 20:44:23 GMT 2005

Kevin Krammer wrote:

> If I remember correctly from the developer list, the way OS X does it
> (gradient zooming) can't be implemented.
> Reason: surprise, surprise, Apple has a patent on it

Well, in *my* opinion, the old Kicker effect (Icon just changes for a bigger one
  at mouseover) is cooler than the OS X effect (Icon gets gradually bigger as
the mouse-cursor approaches).

So, if the former effect would be implemented somehow, returning the kde 3.3
style, no Apple patent would be broken, right? :)

tIM