"setting up interprocess communication" freeze

Daevid Vincent daevid at daevid.com
Tue Mar 22 18:12:30 GMT 2005

Thanks for the tip. I don't know why I didn't think of this. I normally
don't run sshd on my notebook, but this is making it easier to start/stop my
debugging process. ;-)

> > I don't see anything strange in .xsession-errors,
> /var/log/messages or
> > dmesg. Google doesn't really have anything useful that I've found.
> >

> You should also look into /var/log/Xorg.0.log. Look for any
> lines that begin
> with (EE).

Nope. Not a single (EE).

All kinds of other things (II) (**) (WW) (==) though.

> You can also try to edit your xorg.conf (or XF86config, if
> you still use that;
> x.org uses this file if xorg.conf is not found) and change
> your graphics driver
> from nv / nvidia to a more generic one (Although the point of
> hanging doesn't
> indicate a graphics problem... but you can still try it!)

KDE shouldn't care about my graphics card should it? Like I said, Gnome and
XFCE (and twm) all work fine. And I am getting "display", just not past the
yellow/blue gear icon in the loading screen.