Java for konqueror

Ian Porter ian at designersoft.co.uk
Sat Mar 19 09:56:43 GMT 2005

Hi

On Saturday 19 March 2005 02:35, Tommie Ramirez Andujar wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is there an rpm to install or a tar.gz to install java for web browser
> Konqueror?
>
> I have already two rpm's but they don't seem to be working.

Which rpm's do you have ?, I used the jdk-1_5_0-linux-i586.rpm but did need to
include the path to the $PATH so that the console line was able to *see* the
program, I just put in the .bash_profile

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/java/jdk1.5.0/bin
export PATH

Within Konqueror, there is a path to Java in Configure->Java & Javascript->
Path to Java..  and I just placed "/usr/java/jdk1.5.0/bin/java" in there.

HTH
Ian