Question Regarding Sound in KDE

Ryan Seu ryanseu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 00:26:43 GMT 2005

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this question belongs in this group so I
apologize ahead of time if this ends up being an OS issue.

I'm trying to get the sound working in KDE 3.3 running on freeBSD 5.3.
I am able to enable sound w/o KDE but when I start the X windows, the
KDE intro window and sound will come on but the sound would stop half
way though. I went to the control center to test the sound but nothing
comes out. When I test the sound driver on terminal emulator, I get
"driver busy".

If I start the operating system without sound and enable the sound
driver AFTER starting KDE in terminal window, the sound works fine.

Any thoughts?

Ryan