Opening Home

Jörg Hagmann joerg.hagmann at unibas.ch
Wed Mar 9 08:15:35 GMT 2005

Dear list members,
Could somebody help me with the following problem:
When trying to open Home, either by clicking on the desktop icon or by
going to it at bottom left, the hour glass turns for a while, then dies
without opening the window. So far, that happened about 8 out of 10
times. Twice it worked properly, but I don't think I did anything
differently. Gnome is working. Computer and system: Powermag G4,
Mandrakelinux 10.1 running on a second harddisk.
I had this same problem on a G3 Powerbook running Yellow Dog Linux. But
there I simply created a new user, the new account behaved properly.
This does't work this time.
Thank you for your help, Jorg.