KGet and automatic reconnect to paswword protected FTP sites - how to ?

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 7 12:21:07 GMT 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 06:43 am, Izo wrote:

> FTP Transfer is in progress, most probably in passive mode. DSL
> connection on the other side of the firewall does not drop down. File
> transfer stops due to the FTP server socket/connection close and KGet
> does not resume the file transfer. Resuming by hand immediately resumes
> the file transfer while KGet seems to never ever try to automatically
> resume it.
>
> Any idea ?
How many connections to the ftp server are you trying to keep open?  (In kget
setup) default is 2. Most FTP servers wont allow more than 3 but should only
reject new ones.  What does the log window say? The server wont drop you for
the fun of it; it will give a reason for its actions.

If this is only a problem with kget then I suggest you use something else.
--
regards,
andrew