KGet and automatic reconnect to paswword protected FTP sites - how to ?

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Thu Mar 3 11:42:18 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 08:18 pm, Izo wrote:
> But I relly suspect that this part of the KGet configuration deals with
> the computer-to-internet connection rather than with the FTP
> client-server connection since on the same dialog one can find the
> Connection Type

Thats irrelevant. If there is no connection it will bring up a connection. If
the net connection is already there it will just try to reconnect from the
timeout or break. If it is built on the source of wget as I have heard then
it will NOT retry if the reason was because the file did not exist or if it
was REFUSED by the server.

What I dont understand is why you are losing the connection. Are you trying to
keep open an inactive connection to someones ftp server? If so then of course
it will time you out; other people want to connect too.
If you are losing connection while a transfer is in progress continuously then
you need to look at other issues.

--
regards,
andrew