kde.org mailing list

Rikard Johnels rikjoh at norweb.se
Wed Mar 2 11:13:35 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 19.41, Andrew Kar wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 03:26 am, Bob Stia wrote:
> > Does everyone on this list receive the monthly mailing list reminder?
>
> Yes
>
> > Kind of annoying because they send you your password in clear text.
>
> I agree; I lie awake at night worrying that if the Iraqui Revolutionary
> Front hacks into my computer they will be able to pass themselves off as me
> to the list management program and they will turn my subsciption to the
> devel list back on and in NON-Digest form! Ahhgg!!!

<my $0.02 worth>
Thats not the point.
The point is the community trying to show the world how secure and great Linux
is.
The fact that we "foul up" on our lists regarding security doesn't reflect
well.. I know its stupid, but i have heard people think out loud
"What morons! They cant even run a good mailing list. I wonder if the OS is as
good as they say..."

Sad but true...

There is no need to send the password in the mail at all.
Just add a "Lost your password" request link as alot of community sites does
it.
</my $0.02 worth>

--

         /Rikard