Transferring mail

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Thu Jun 30 20:21:46 BST 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 07:07, Justin Denick wrote:
> Doesn't Kmail support importing and exporting from other mail clients such
> as Thunderbird?
>
> On 6/29/05, John R. Sowden <jsowden at americansentry.net> wrote:
> > I need to transfer my stored email (kmail) on my Suse 8.0 machine to my
> > new
> > Suse 9.3 box. What I have to transfer with is a DVD-RAM drive/media. How
> > do
> > I do this without wiping out my new mail, keeping indices intact, etc.

Yes, it does allow importing from other email clients, but not from another
kmail client.  Due to this, I have not persued how they do it, but I assume
that it is done via a network connection.  My 2 PCs are standalone with
respect to linux (one is networked via dos).

I am looking for a simple copy instruction, if that exists.  I don't know what
to copy, from where, and finally, where to.

Being that we all seem to upgrade our Linux (I have upgraded about 9 times in
the last 5 years), I am surprised this is not a common issue.
--
John R. Sowden
AMERICAN SENTRY SYSTEMS, INC.
mail at americansentry.net