can no longer edit/update KMenu!

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Jun 28 22:37:37 BST 2005

s s wrote:
> Hello,
> I recently upgraded to KDE 3.4.1, and I can no longer
> edit or update the KMenu. When I make changes to it, I
> then close the Menu editor, and it asks me to save the
> changes. I tell it I would like to save the changes,
> and is SAYS it IS saving them, but then when I look at
> the menu items, nothing is changed. THis applies to
> adding items, removing items, and editing an item's
> properties. Has anyone else had this?
> I'm running slackware.

Next time, please try to start a new thread -- just changing the subject
does not start a new thread.

When you edit the menu as a user, all of the changes which that user
makes are saved in:

	$HOME/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu

Do you have such a file?

For the changes to the menu to be saved, the user must have permission
to create and to write to this file.

--
JRT